Township Updates ...
Garbage/Recycling Collection Notice: Expect a change in the normal time your garbage is picked up over the next couple months as North Country Disposal adjusts their route around construction on M-35 over the Carp River. Please make sure to have your garbage out by 6:00 a.m. and thank you for being flexible.
Public Safety & Health Notice - COVID-19
Consistent with the direction of the Centers for Disease Control and the Governor of Michigan, the following actions are being taken pertaining to Negaunee Township operations effective immediately:
- Township offices will be closed to the Public until further notice (6/30/20 at a minimum). Payments can
be made using the outside payment drop box or over the phone using a credit / debit card.
- All facility rentals for the Community Center have been cancelled through August 31, 2020.
- People paying bills are still permitted at the office but encouraged to use the drop box or to mail payments.
- The office is closed to in person meetings to the extent possible. If someone needs to meet with Township staff,
it will be scheduled on an as needed basis.
- Public works services will continue as normal.
- The Library drop box will stay open and continue to be collected.
- Rubbish Drop Off is still scheduled monthly.
- The Board will reconvene in June and continue to discuss future plans at the recommendation of the Twp
Supervisor and Twp Manager.
These decisions are made to help ensure the safety and health of all in our community. Thank you everyone for being understanding and for your cooperation.
The following links provide up to date information and guidelines regarding COVID-19.