HOLIDAY GARBAGE PICK UP: NO CHANGE TO NORMAL PICK UP DATE
RUBBISH DROP OFF: 3RD WEDNESDAY EACH MONTH
* Due to COVID wearing of Masks is REQUIRED
<Click here for additional information>
- ONE LOAD PER MONTH
GLASS in a separate bin will be accepted for recycling with Township personnel taking the bin to dump into our designated glass trailer
Sanitation Clerk: Angela Paris
Garbage collection and curbside recycling are currently contracted out to North Country Disposal (906-249-4500).
- Billing -
- Township residential properties are billed quarterly for services at a charge of $12.33 per month ($37 per quarter) for a full 12 months ($148 annually). NOTE: Per 3/25/2021 Board Approval rates were increased from $36 to $37 per quarter effective 4/1/2021. This $1.00 per quarter fee increase is the first rate increase since 4/1/2008.
- The fee is not waived for seasonal properties or "snowbirds" who leave the area during winter months.
- A $15.00 per quarter late fee is charged to unpaid accounts and delinquent amounts become a lien on the winter tax bills.
- $5.00 Permit Fee to dump at Marquette County Landfill (does not include fee assessed by tonnage).
- $60.00 Permanent Hauler annual fee.
- Recycling is done each week on your regular garbage pick up day. Simply place your recyclables in a recycle bin - separated from the regular household garbage. Click the RECYCLING button to the left to see addtional information.
- All household garbage put out for collection must be in sealed bags weighing less than 30 pounds. (No leaves, grass cuttings, branches or other such items)
- North County Disposal would like to remind pet owners to keep their pets indoors or leashed on garbage collection days. Loose, barking, aggressive animals can impede garbage collection.
- Negaunee Township provides a once-a-month drop off for large rubbish items with one load allowed each month. The collection takes place the third Wednesday of each month from 9:00AM until 4:00PM in the parking lot of the Community Center.
- GLASS for RECYCLING will be accepted during rubbish drop off. Please bring in a separate bin and Township personnel will dump the contents into our Glass Recycling Trailer.
- Residents wishing to haul construction debris, tires, wood, lumber, etc directly to the Marquette County Landfill must first obtain a hauling permit from the Township office. There is no charge for the permit but you will be billed by the Township for the cost of the actual tipping fees ($59.50 per ton effective 7-1-2020).