Job / Committee Openings
Negaunee Township is seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Township Manager
- Township Trustee
Applications for both openings must be filed by Thursday, March 21st, at 2:00 p.m.
Contact Negaunee Township for additional information at 906-475-7869. Office Hours are Monday Through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Minimum required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Public or Business Administration, or any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge and experience in Zoning Administration, along with the ability to analyze, interpret, summarize, and present administrative and technical information and data in an effective manner.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both spoken and written and have the ability to interact effectively with the public and employees. Must have the ability to effectively and fairly negotiate appropriate solutions and contracts as required.
- Knowledge of computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs; use of BS&A software; file management; and other computer related matters.
- Must possess valid Michigan Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Prior progressively responsible experience in municipal government as a City/Township/Village Manager or Assistant Manager is highly desirable.
Township Manager Job Description
Term shall run from April 1, 2019 to November 20, 2020
- Vote on issues brought before the Township Board
- Responsible for Township Fiduciary Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
42 State Highway M-35
Negaunee, MI 49866